Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wine and Fog

Yes, I know. An odd combination of topics. That's how life rolls around here.

I was the 2nd place winner of the Grape Escape raffle sponsored by the Silver Star Rotary Club in Vernon. My prize included a wine and food pairing evening at the Village Green Hotel, two tickets for Festival of the Grape in Oliver on October 4 and … wait for it … three cases of wine. Yes. Thirty-six bottles. Lots and lots of lovely bottles of BC wine.





Friends Elaine and Dale joined me for the evening as The Husband is up north for the month. They said they enjoyed it and helped me to cart my boxes o' wine to the car.

They may perhaps also help to consume said wine!

On a completely unrelated note, autumn brings lovely colours, cooler weather and fabulous morning tableaux.

I'm always on the look-out for 'scenic' shots to use on the cover of our real estate Sunday supplement, and for watercolour painting ideas. The morning fog playing on Swan Lake on my way into work is always a source of inspiration:




*deep sigh of contentment*

1 comment: