Saturday, October 18, 2014

Thanksgiving

I travelled north last weekend to spend Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with my little family - my ENTIRE little family!

I drove up Saturday after work, arriving The Husband's northern abode at midnight AB time.

The daughter flew up from YLW on Sunday, and we gathered at The Son's house that day, all of us together for the first time in four years!

Auntie and the Little Guy

Grandpa, Grandma and Auntie met the newest member of our family for the first time. He was three months old on Monday, and mostly an engaging and 'chatty' little fellow when not in the grips of teething pain. Poor little man.

Monday was turkey day: deep fried turkey (don't knock it if you haven't tried it - good eatin') with all the fixings and pumpkin pie, of course. We played games, spent time around the fire pit outside, and generally had a wonderful weekend together.

The Daughter and I drove back to southern BC on Tuesday, both of us having that day off in lieu of days owed, so it worked out well.

The autumn colours are still vibrant in this area. I was up on Turtle Mountain on my way to work Friday morning, in need of a photo for the cover of the Sunday real estate supplement. What do you think of these pics? I kind of like them.


Used the first photo on this week's cover. Posted the following two photos simply because I love the cloud formations. I'm a cloud junkie.



1 comment:

  1. I've heard about 'deep fried Turkey'. It sounds good, but I think I'll stick with roasting.

    I'm a cloud junkie too.

    ReplyDelete