Saturday, May 31, 2014

How Lovely Are These Valleys, and Nathan's Book Launch

Road Trip. Hiking Day. Wander-down-the-Road Day.


I love to wander, to poke my nose into places, to see what there is to see.

So last Monday, when the weather was somewhat inclement, I took the loooong way around to attend to errands.


The allure of an open gate.

The Salmon River Road to Armstrong from the west is a lovely drive no matter the conditions or the means of transport. I stopped often, taking photos of the lovely views.

Dry cows on pasture at Sunnyhome Farms in the Spallumcheen Valley west of Armstrong.

I've often thought that in my next life, I want to be a cow.

On Hallam Road, looking east as the rain clouds begin to dissipate.

Armstrong is tucked down in the valley below.

Flowering Cherry tree along a street in downtown Armstrong.

Looking east to the backside of Silver Star Mtn from the Askew's parking lot.

The Old School House was one of the first schools in the province.
It was a restaurant/shop for awhile but is now left to stand unused and unloved.

Looking south along the Grandview Flats N Road,
as the rain clouds roll back into the valley.


With absolutely no segue whatsoever, I give you my former boss Nathan, now in the Southern US on a book tour.

Given the mode of transportation shown here:

Nathan flogging his book on the beaches of Charleston, SC
… he's gonna be a long time getting to Nelson BC. Heck getting anywhere close to the Canadian border.

Sales of his book have been fabulous. Order one! You won't regret it. I endorse this book.


So while we're talking about advertising, how's this for truth in advertising?


I about fell off my chair laughing.

I found it here.

Joie Farm website is here. Go visit. The photo slide show on the front page are stunningly beautiful. They're located on the Naramata Bench, just north of Penticton on the east side of Okanagan Lake.

I stole this photo, overlooking Penticton (looking southwest) because that's where The Daughter lives!
Thanks, Joie Farms.


(If you click on any of these photos, you should get a larger view of them.)

2 comments:

  1. If you DO get to return as a cow, will you please not be in black and white. You could be a Blonde d'Aquitaine; blonde with dewy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe Limousin. My dad imported them from France in the 1970s, always had them in our herd mix. Yup, dewy eyes, that's me! and a little more auburn.

    ReplyDelete