Saturday, November 9, 2013

Creative Artistry

A few weeks ago we were driving through the foothill country of central Alberta. One of our stops was the Sundre Museum. And while the displays inside were worthy of the visit, this newest installation outside the main building was what caught my eye. 








As you can see, the imagination going into this installation is amazing. All sorts of artifacts that would otherwise be relegated to a dusty storage shelf or otherwise dismissed as just more junk have found places of honour due to some person's fabulous creative mind and eye for … well, how would you describe it? Pieces aren't slapped in just anywhere - they are chosen for fit and form and balance.







There are other components to be installed, such as a man-gate at this point.


Every time I look, I see something else I missed at first glance.


I'm in awe.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever; and I love that small wooden building too.

    ReplyDelete