Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Pomegranate Solution

The bitterly cold weather is putting a damper on things. How does one cheer up when Mother Nature is showing her ugly side?

Eat pomegranates.


The delightful ruby jewel seeds of pomegranates have been adorning my meals for weeks now. I didn't know much about them, and then came upon a quinoa-spinach salad that included pomegranate seeds.

They're in season right now, and one fruit can serve up enough seeds for many, many servings.



My introduction to pomegranates a long time ago was not auspicious. Knowing what I do now, I was probably fed over-ripe fruit.

I'm suitably addicted now.



Becca is the Queen of Pomegranate Seeding. Good thing she likes them too.

We aren't as 'white' in winter as we were living up in the north country, but this is still a wonderful way to add colour to an otherwise mind-numbing monochromatic winter landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment