Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Relay for Life


OK, people. I'm going to do something I said I would never do on a blog.

No, it does not involve full frontal nudity or Jello.

I'm going to put some personal information out for all the world to see, and it's for a very good cause.

I'm taking part in this year's Relay for Life for the Canadian Cancer Society. I'm a member of Team Grandpa Winks. He was a friend/co-worker's father who died from cancer a few months before my Mom did.

The relay takes place June 4-5 from 7pm to 7am. I'm walking during the midnight to morning shift.

Please, if you are a reader, a friend or someone who's life has been touched by cancer, here's how you can help.

Go to my Relay homepage


and make a donate on-line. If the link doesn't work (and sometimes, Lord knows, it doesn't) then drop me a line via the comment box and I'll send you the details.

This is a Canadian fundraiser but donations can of course be made from anywhere in the world thanks to the wonderful, wonderful world of credit cards.


I will miss my Mom every day for the rest of my life. Supporting research into prevention and cure of cancers will maybe help you to have your Mom or other loved one in you life just a little longer.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment