Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snow snow snow

I hereby declare I am officially tired of snow. I've shovelled out the driveway (100m) and the parking/turn around area around the house three times in four days. Or almost. I still have 2/3 of the driveway to do tomorrow because I plain and simple tuckered out at dark today. I'm getting too old for this shit.

I barely got out of the driveway with the car today (used the pickup in 4WD yesterday) and thought I was home-free. Then a heavy snowfall came through and dumped another 20-30cm on us between 11am and 4pm. I looked out the front windows of the office at noon and skedaddled; parked in the neighbour's driveway rather than chance getting stuck coming back down. Actually the road up from the highway to the corner was worst part of the entire trip home!

I'm not going in to work tomorrow. Going to finish the driveway, dig my car out of Kelly's drive and try to get it in our garage, then have a long long nap.

Bryan is slowly healing. He got through today without pain killers although not without pain. I did get in to work yesterday and stopped at the video store close by my office to get some new movies for him to watch. Thank goodness for 7 day rentals.

I'm beckoned with a cup of tea to go watch the new "Mummy" movie with Brendon Fraser (love him) and Jet Li.

Hope y'all are warm and cozy, safe from the nasty weather. I see on The Weather Network that my kidlets up north are in some nasty stuff again, -35C range with additional windchill factors. It's supposed to be above zero here tomorrow with rain; that'll make that snow good and heavy.

Sincere condolences to MJ and Randy - MJ's mom lost her battle with cancer earlier in December and now the news that Randy's father died in Baltimore. Lots of sorrow but also joy in a new grandchild. Balance in all things isn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment